I told myself this at least 411 times yesterday. My son was on the roller coaster that comes with steroid treatment. It went something like this.
(while hugging me) "I love you, mommy. I love being home with you." (pushing me away) "Why don't you go to work anymore? Why isn't daddy home anymore?
Whoa. Ok, the data sheet on this medicine says "rapid mood swings, increased emotion, increased hunger, periods of restlessness." No need to panic.
After delivering the drink he so nicely asked for, he said with a smile, "Thanks, mommy. You're the greatest. Can we please watch a movie?"
So I pick one out, put it in and hear "NOT THAT ONE! What are you doing? I hate that movie. Geez, can't you pick a good movie. That's so lame. SHE'S IN MY WAY! YOU PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON!
I ignore him, continue with the movie and then turn around to find him gone. He's in my room, sound asleep on the bed. Phew. My daughter and I sat down to watch a movie and for the next three hours, didn't hear a peep from him. By then daddy was home. Thank God.
Today we see the doctor. The time until they open cannot move quick enough. Poor child. I knew that it wasn't his fault, so I didn't get too upset. But honestly, it takes a WHOLE LOTTA love to weather the storm of a 6 YO's rage!
No comments:
Post a Comment