I returned to my devilishly handsome "other man" OB/GYN again yesterday (my DH is getting more confident that my frequent visits are medically necessary now, not that he ever truly doubted that). The sono showed several small cysts, but no scary large mass that we feared was there. THANK GOD. Oh, but wait. He took off his glasses and put his elbows on his knees...I know that stance. It means he has more to say...
I do have a seriously large amount of scar tissue wrecking up my insides. And my right ovary is "noticeably larger" than the left. No immediate medical cause for the big-friggin'-scary surgery I thought was looming, BUT, it would "benefit my health" whenever I decide that I just can't take it anymore. AND when I am ready, I have to be REALLY ready...like 8-12 weeks off work ready. Think c-section scar reopened PLUS 1-2 inches on either side of it. UGH.
The worst of it wasn't all the news and random thoughts and decision making. It was having this wonderful doctor look at me, totally defeated and say "I'm so very sorry that you went through all of this and still have more decisions to make. I wanted it to be so much better for you. Please accept my apologies." For some doctors this would be code for "Please don't sue me." But with him, I truly knew he was sorry and felt like he failed me.
But that's ok...it is what it is. I'm blessed with good health, beautiful children and a husband whose opinion was "Do whatever you need. I'll stand with you all the way. We'll be ok."
1 comment:
Yikes! {{HUGS}} So glad you have a kind and caring doctor...makes it easier I am sure.
Post a Comment