You may recall that my husband declared Feb. 1-16 my birthday month (well, half-month). He thought about going all 29 days since I’m 29 – but money started getting tight and I honestly think he was drained mentally trying to think of things, too!
Here’s a recap of my birthday, day by day – for those who were keeping track.
2/1 – Floor mats for my new car
2/2 – Rascal Flatts CD
2/3 – Skin cream and exfoliating scrubber
2/4 – Jack Johnson CD
2/5 – Red Rose
2/6 – Starbucks gift card
2/7 – Starbucks coffee mug and gourmet hot chocolate
2/8 – My fave cinnamon roll from our bakery
2/9 – He took care of my every need post-op - a special gift.
2/10 – A book I've been asking for - that isn't by Dr. Seuss
2/11 – A new outfit – he even got the right size!
2/12 – A pair of crocs and coloring books/crayons
2/13 – Flowers (actually from my son)
2/14 – A candle, rubber oven mitt, red slipper socks
2/15 – A necklace, panini grill and a special homemade dinner
2/16 – An ice cream cake and a Brighton watch
My boys and little girl made my birthday extra-special this year. It’s one I won’t forget. My best friend also did her part. On top of inviting me over for homemade brunch on the same day she was preparing a feast for 20 people for her own 2-year old’s birthday, she gave me a new angel for my collection called “Blessings” and her card moved me to tears. It was a great day.
And it couldn’t have ended any other way than how it did – my husband walked in from work with an ice cream cake (yum-o). A few years ago, he forgot my birthday and tried to make up for it by running to DQ and getting an ice cream cake. The only one they had made in their freezer had a cow on it. When he got it home, I kind of half cried, half laughed – a cow? So when he walked in Saturday, I just knew – yep, a cow cake. Only this time, personalized and made to order. Who wouldn’t have smiled?
Thanks to all for making my birthday extra special! Now I just have to get ready for 30! AAGH!
1 comment:
Ah, 30's nothing, you youngin'!
Post a Comment