Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Birthday Month

On Friday, my husband presented me with floor mats for my new car. I thought that was a sweet gesture. Saturday, I found some skin cream I’d been wanting on my bathroom counter. Sunday, there was a new CD I’d been eyeing on the table. I was sensing a trend – a good one. After quizzing my true love, I found out that he has plans to present me with a gift every day leading up to my birthday - with the last gift being ON my birthday.

What fun! Some gifts, he told me, would have price tags attached. Others would be freebies (i.e. neck rubs, foot rubs), some might be meals, special candy treats, etc. Everyday would be a surprise!

As I pondered this exciting announcement, it occurred to me that there are 29 days in February and I just happen to be turning 29.

“That IS interesting” my husband said. “And when I turn 31, there will be 31 days in March!” That was a fun exchange of trivia – I wonder if he got the hint!

Ah, who cares? Sixteen days of gifts is pretty exciting in itself! Join me for the exciting trek to my birthday!

(P.S. Monday’s gift was a red rose and one of my favorite cookies).

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm going to make sure my husband reads your blog today!

Casey said...

Me, too!