Thursday, February 7, 2008

An Early 10 for my Weekend

I just talked to a nurse at the hospital about tomorrow’s procedures. Now I’m more nervous than ever! Regarding the weekend, I hope that:
  1. I don’t get sick coming out of anesthesia (kind of a tradition with me).
  2. The doctor only has to do minimal work and not the “complete” version.
  3. My kids stay healthy and happy while at their Aunt and Uncle’s.
  4. Even though I’ll feel yucky, I enjoy spending kid-less time with my husband.
  5. My refrigerator fix-it man shows up and succeeds in his mission.
  6. The people looking at my house tonight will buy it and my husband will get to say “I told you so” about the house selling by the end of February.
  7. A fever doesn’t creep up on me to go with my sore throat and achy muscles, or else they will postpone my surgery.
  8. My mom isn’t admitted for her pneumonia – if she is, they’ll cancel HER surgery scheduled for next Thursday.
  9. My husband will find time to hit the grocery store and restock our fridge so we can stop going downstairs or outside to get something to eat or drink.
  10. I’m awake and spry enough to enjoy the 90’s movie marathon waiting for me and any meals my husband may provide!
  11. (an extra) My mother in law has a happy, healthy, stress-free birthday!

Again with those darn expectations! I’m aiming pretty low this weekend – just don’t make me sleep in a hospital and PLEASE keep me from throwing up. Pretty easy requests to grant, don’t you think, Lord? (Like the Lord reads my blog).

And for those keeping track of the daily birthday gift: Tuesday was the new Jack Johnson CD, Wednesday was a Starbucks Gift Card. This is too much fun!

No comments: