My 5-year old son announced yesterday that it was the last day of January. I hadn’t really thought about it, but he was right! I was very impressed with his calendar skills. He asked if anything exciting happens in February. Of course! It’s one of the most exciting months of our year. Here are a few reasons why:
- The Super Bowl! It’s the first hoorah of the month. We don’t necessarily root on either of the teams in this year’s showdown, but we always love watching. I think we’ll root for the Giants – since at least one Manning will get a ring that way.
- Grandma Joy’s Birthday. Her best friend makes an incredible meal and we all get to pig out with people we love to antagonize her about getting older.
- Valentine’s Day – we don’t really celebrate with gifts or anything, but I like making Valentine’s with my little ones. Who doesn’t love glue, crate paper and glitter? My son is really into this year since 3 girls are vying for his affection.
- My birthday. I usually just say “Whatever, a birthday.” This year, I’m allowing – heck, even encouraging – an outpouring of attention and gifts.
- Connor’s 2nd birthday. This is a friend of ours. Connor was adopted into their wonderful family and he and I just happen to share a birthday!
- President’s Day – ok, I’m not stretching for things now. My son is learning about Presidents in school and he loves it. There are songs, books and plays about our forefathers. He thinks it’s an all out holiday. And since Presidents are on all money, he thinks we should shower him with money on this holiday.
- Rob and Brad have birthdays too. This is my husband’s brother and best friend. We haven’t really celebrated in the past, but hopefully this year we can.
- Blake is home! Our nephew in on leave from the Air Force for 2-weeks before he reports to his station at Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado. He lands today and we’re all very excited to see him again.
- Chocolate – it’s the main course in February. YUM-O.
- Flowers – I love seeing them everywhere. It’s a great reminder of how amazing and creative God was with creation!
Happy February!!
No comments:
Post a Comment