Some nights, there just isn’t anything appetizing in the pantry or fridge. I’m too tired to go out or fight people at the store. It’s on these nights that we revert to our favorite “back up” – breakfast! We always have the ingredients on hand for homemade pancakes and scrambled eggs. Drench it all in syrup, add a tall glass of chocolate milk and Voila – a weight watchers nightmare!Growing up, this is the only dinner I ever remember my dad making us kids other than grilling (err, burning) steaks. Maybe it’s why when I need comfort food, it’s where I turn. After each of my children was born, my father in law brought me homemade breakfast sandwiches. When my daughter was in ICU, I went to my grandma’s for a break and she made me bacon and cream of wheat in the middle of the day. After my knee surgery, my husband made me waffles. And when I’m just tired and the world has me down, I flip flap jacks!
1 comment:
You inspired us!! We had scrambled eggs and pancakes for dinner!
Post a Comment