- I’m very remorseful. I have menu remorse, wardrobe remorse, hair color remorse, grocery remorse, medical decision remorse. Just about everything I do, I worry I did the wrong thing and wonder if I should have done something else. My husband’s comic book character name for me is “The Remorser.” (this is a whole other blog topic).
- My tolerance level for noise is very low. I can’t stand to have the radio or TV on when I’m on the phone. I can’t stand it when the kids are talking and the dog is also whining or the exhaust fan in the bathroom or kitchen is running. Crickets chirping are promptly squashed. Barking dogs in the neighborhood mysteriously disappear (I’m kidding).
- I get REALLY crabby when I’m tired. My kids definitely get this from me. Stand back – seriously, it can get dangerous.
- I panic about my kids’ health. As soon as I notice an ailment, I call the doctor. Usually, it turns out to be something that really needed a doctor’s attention, but people scold me for having my doctor’s cell programmed into my cell and on speed dial. Hey, he wouldn’t have given it to us if he didn’t want us to call!
- I’m kind of a clothes-horse. Part of that is losing 50 pounds and needing a new wardrobe, but I can’t go into a store without at least checking the clearance rack. If it’s more than 50% off and I know I’ll wear it, I usually convince myself to get it. And then I have buying remorse and take it back later.
- I CANNOT pick out vehicles. Houses – no problem – leave that one to me. A car – just do it for me and I’ll drive it. SUV, car, truck? Lease, buy? Color, year, features? AAGH, it’s too overwhelming. If it runs and has seat belts and a temperature control, I’ll drive it. Just be sure the gas tank is on the drivers side (is that a quirk too?)
- My pajama pants can only be silky or satiny. The shirt is usually a cami, but don’t even try to get me in cotton pants for bed. And no nightgowns – they tangle me up and I freak out. And no shorts – I can’t stand feeling the leg hair of my husband sleeping next to me!
- I apply hand sanitizer about 250 times a day. It sits on my desk and I go through a bottle a week. My hands are insanely dry due to this, but for some reason, I NEVER apply lotion. But I’m the only one in my family that hasn’t been antibiotic-dependent this winter!
- I’m a control freak. What? This is news to you? I’m working on this, but I like to have things go exactly one way and not digress from a certain path. Fortunately for me, God is MORE of a control freak (I hope He is ok with me calling Him that) and my path is usually altered for me.
Ok, picking on myself isn't as easy - but it seemed like a fun, light-hearted thing to write about! Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment