Our house is on the market. People walk through it almost daily, which means it has to stay clean. Granted, it’s only been two weeks, but so far, I’m very happy with how my house keeping is keeping up!
I know this up-keep won’t last long – I’ll get weary and frustrated and lack motivation. The weekend will hit, kids will drag out toys and clothes and spill chocolate milk and I'll have to start again and create a "clean slate." But for now, I’m giving myself a gold star!
It’s really a practice everyone should adopt (adapt to) – instead of spending all day Saturday cleaning, you just pick up every night/morning, spend 5 minutes wiping down the counters and putting dishes in the dishwasher (or use paper plates). In the morning, as soon as you get up, you make the bed. Then you stand back, look around and see this really gorgeous, clean home and you say “why am I moving?”
No comments:
Post a Comment