
I really missed my kids yesterday. I miss them everyday, but for some reason I just longed for them all day at work and couldn’t wait to pick them up. I told them I wanted to take them to get a treat before we went home. Since we were just a block from Dairy Queen, it seemed the best choice.
We pulled into the drive-thru and my son said “I want a red slushy.” What the heck. It’s just upholstery, right? My daughter said, “I want coffee ice cream!” Sure, why not.
Now, I used to be a Moo-latte drinker before I started Weight Watchers. I always thought they were just coffee-FLAVORED frozen treats. But I’m not 2.
After downing the entire beverage – which is the size of a Venti at Starbucks – my daughter bounced off the walls until 10:40pm. I got on the internet and checked out the nutrition facts for a mocha Moo-latte. It’s 100% pure Colombian coffee – with a little ice and chocolate and whipped topping.
Oops. I might as well have injected caffeine right into her bloodstream.
I thought my husband might be irritated with me over this. Instead, he said – “Next time at least get me a Moo-latte, too, so I can keep up with her!”
First thing this morning, she said “I’m not a duck anymore. I’m a cow now. I can Moo.”
Uh-oh. I’ve created a monster!
We pulled into the drive-thru and my son said “I want a red slushy.” What the heck. It’s just upholstery, right? My daughter said, “I want coffee ice cream!” Sure, why not.
Now, I used to be a Moo-latte drinker before I started Weight Watchers. I always thought they were just coffee-FLAVORED frozen treats. But I’m not 2.
After downing the entire beverage – which is the size of a Venti at Starbucks – my daughter bounced off the walls until 10:40pm. I got on the internet and checked out the nutrition facts for a mocha Moo-latte. It’s 100% pure Colombian coffee – with a little ice and chocolate and whipped topping.
Oops. I might as well have injected caffeine right into her bloodstream.
I thought my husband might be irritated with me over this. Instead, he said – “Next time at least get me a Moo-latte, too, so I can keep up with her!”
First thing this morning, she said “I’m not a duck anymore. I’m a cow now. I can Moo.”
Uh-oh. I’ve created a monster!
1 comment:
Nice. You might as well just install a caffeine drip in her new room.
Post a Comment