
My 2 year old daughter is a red head. There's no escaping it. She has the fiery temper to match the hair. Yesterday, this temper flared over her socks.
Last night I got home from work to find her throwing a tantrum because the last 3 pairs of socks her grandma, papa and daddy gave her "hurt." I tried a new pair - nope, she hated them. Her papa washed a muddy pair in the spigot outside, but then they were wet. So we moved to the bathtub to try and change the subject. When bathtime was over - guess what? She wanted socks.
I finally just gave her the entire drawer of socks. None of them worked. Too small, too big, too tight, too tall - she was positively angry. Then anger turned to just plain sadness. She buried her head in her pillow and sobbed.
Daddy had had enough. Off he went to Walmart. He came home with two packages of new socks. Praise God - she put on a pair and went to sleep.
I guess even kids have "one of those days."
Last night I got home from work to find her throwing a tantrum because the last 3 pairs of socks her grandma, papa and daddy gave her "hurt." I tried a new pair - nope, she hated them. Her papa washed a muddy pair in the spigot outside, but then they were wet. So we moved to the bathtub to try and change the subject. When bathtime was over - guess what? She wanted socks.
I finally just gave her the entire drawer of socks. None of them worked. Too small, too big, too tight, too tall - she was positively angry. Then anger turned to just plain sadness. She buried her head in her pillow and sobbed.
Daddy had had enough. Off he went to Walmart. He came home with two packages of new socks. Praise God - she put on a pair and went to sleep.
I guess even kids have "one of those days."