My husband sometimes thinks it’s so annoying when I read fine print. “Just sign the thing already” he says. With this new house purchase, I haven't done as good a job with this. I joked with my mother in law that my husband might have put a clause in there that says he gets anything he wants whenever he wants it or something, and I won't know about it.
For those of you with YouTube accounts, click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw to see an example of why reading fine print is important.
For those without, the video shows comedians Penn and Teller at a rally having people sign a petition to ban di-hydrogen monoxide. People flock to sign up when they hear that it causes frequent urination, perspiration, crying and weight loss among other things. Businesses and schools are using it. People in homes use it everyday and don’t realize just how much of it they consume. Hundreds sign the petition.
And then they are told that they’ve just banned WATER.
1 comment:
I had my Chemistry classes read a "Ban di-hydrogen-monoxide" flyer this past fall. They all fell for it. I gave it to most of Steve's family at Christmas, same thing. It's quite funny, and also a realization that we are all pretty gullible.
Post a Comment