Monday, May 26, 2008

Turning Point

It's 2:00 on Monday afternoon. It feels weird to be home - but it is a holiday, so I'll take it. Next Monday isn't a holiday though. And I'll be home.

It's starting to dawn on me that I only have 4 days left of corporate life. This weekend has been so wonderful. My house is a wreck, my laundy is half done, and I'm immersed in to-do lists for the summer. My children have seen all of their grandparents, 2 uncles and aunts and their cousin this weekend. We've had 2 full family meals, we've slept in and we've gone shopping. Right now, my daughter is napping peacefully on the sofa and my son is almost asleep in the oversized chair watching cartoons.

Ah, this is the life.

I took a break from the laundry and box-unpacking to read a few pages of my new magazine. The first page I flipped to said "Turning Point" and had a picture of Will Smith and his son, Jaden. The quote from Will said:

"It's recently become clear to me that whatever you have to offer financially, it doesn't matter. Whatever situation you are in, it doesn't matter. You have to be there. You have to be with your child."

I've reached my turning point. And it feels amazing.