Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Daily Dose of "Sonshine"


My 5 year old son and I have commuted together for two mornings now - and we have two to go. I wouldn't want to do it long-term, but I have to admit that I am really enjoying this one on one time with my son. Yesterday, we talked about his school year - what he's learned, his favorite things, his friends, etc. Today, he read books aloud to me - flawlessly. I stared in the rear view mirror at this amazing little person that my husband and I created together and in that moment thought - "How could anyone deny the presence of the Lord?"

I will really miss him being with me in the car next week on my last few days of commuting before my corporate life is over. Aside from just plain keeping me awake, he gives me my daily dose of "sonshine" that I so deeply need, love and long for.

No comments: