Friday, July 27, 2007

10 Random Things

I’m stealing a “10 things” idea from a friend because my brain is fried this week. I hope she won’t mind.

Here are 10 random things about me that you just might find interesting.
  • I only sleep on my left side. I trained myself to do this during high-blood pressure days of pregnancy, and it’s stuck with me.
  • My biggest personal pet peeve is socks not all the way on, with some of the sock loose at the toes. I hate it! My son and husband thought it would be funny to do this to me after my recent knee surgery when there was nothing I could do to fix it. They paid later.
  • I’m a compulsive cleaner/organizer. I prefer my dishes be loaded a certain way in the dishwasher, towels folded a particular way and closets/drawers organized by occasion (i.e. skirts, slacks, jeans, dresses) and by color within the occassion. These are just some of the many irritating examples.
  • I’ve never swung a golf club in my life. What’s interesting about that is that I’ve planned huge charity golf tournaments over the years for hundreds of people and am actually playing in one next month. Lord help me.
  • I love ballroom dancing (particularly the quick step) and if I could pick one thing to learn, this would be it. I’m also addicted to Dancing with the Stars.
  • I was an unplanned pregnancy, seven years after my sister. Until I arrived, I was a boy (according to the ultrasound and doctors). My name was supposed to be Darrell Lee. After the nurses told them they couldn’t take me home until I was named, my sister finally named me to get it over with when I was 4 days old.
  • My right eye is a slight lazy eye, noticeable only in pictures to those who don’t know me well. That same eye suffered a retinal hemorrhage about 10 years ago, and I’ve now lost all peripheral vision in it. It’s really starting to feel picked on.
  • My favorite drink is Coca-Cola in a glass bottle – usually only available at Christmastime in collector bottles in this neck of the woods. Just my luck!
  • I had night terrors as a child and I can still remember them in vivid detail. Terrifying.
  • I fell in love with my husband sitting in the movie "Air Force One" when I was 18 years old. I don't remember a single thing about the movie, but I remember exactly what it felt like when he reached for my hand. I still get that feeling when I'm with him.

So you know you know a little bit more about me. Next week, I'll try to come up with something more original!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: