
At some point on Sunday, my darling husband decided that it was time for our daughter to be done with her pacifier - affectionately referred to by her as "oogies." I went along with it, just like I have before. But in the past when she'd cry out for it, I'd regress and hand it to her. Not the case this time.
I'm not sure if my husband tossed them or hid them, but there wasn't one to be found when he left for work at 4:30am yesterday and I was stuck with a screaming child demanding her oogie for 2 hours while I was trying to get myself, the 5 year old and her ready to go. Have you tried reasoning with a 2 year old lately? It goes like this...
Her: "OOOOGGGGIIIEEEE!!"
Me: "Honey, there are no more oogies. They're all gone. You're a big girl now."
Her: "I want it oogie. Get it oogie!"
Me: "Sweetheart, mommy doesn't have an oogie. Maybe you should see if there's one in your room."
Her: "Daddy has it oogie."
Me: "Daddy's at work. I can't get one from daddy."
Her: "But I want a oogie!"
Brother: "I have an oogie."
Her: "Oogie!!!" (with a delightful shriek of joy)
Brother: "Just kidding."
Me (with harrowed sarcasm): "Thanks for helping, buddy."
Sigh. So I was holding out hope that daycare had one. Nope. I was wrong. So it looks like we quit the oogie cold turkey. When I picked her up from daycare, Miss Amy said that the little one had shakes and chewed lots of gum...just kidding.
When it was time for bed last night, guess what creeped into her mind...yep, the oogie. Still didn't have one. After about 15 minutes of sad pleas, she drifted off to sleep. So now we're at day two...daddy's home with her today. Have fun with that, pal.
2 comments:
I will pray for you guys on that one!! My youngest caught me cutting the end off of her "suckie,"--something for which I am sure I will owe her lots of money for therapy when she is an adult.
I think I'll be sending your family some no-doz to make it through the next few days. Good luck!
Post a Comment