Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dinner Rebellion, part 2

So last night I was sure that dinner time would go better. We ate buffet style and my husband cooked (yay!) since he got off early. He made a variety of things he knew our son loved to eat. My son filled his plate with several different items and we all sat down to enjoy. The enjoyment didn't last long.

First, he started fidgeting with his silverware. Then he started playing with his food. After that the conversation kicked in:

Him: "I don't like this food."
Me: "Yes you do. I know you like this food. Please start taking bites."

He takes a bite, then announces "I'm done!"

Me: "No, you need to take lots of bites, bites of everything you took."
Him: "But there's so much!"
Dad: "You are the one that put that much on your plate."
Him: "But I thought it would be good!"

So now he's insulted his father's abilty to cook. Uh oh.

Dad (even more sternly): "You're going to sit there and take bites or you can sit quietly in your room while we all eat."
Sister (pointing to him with a scowl): "Eat! It's good! Eat!"
Him: "I can't eat because she's bothering me."
Me: "Start eating or you won't be invited back to the dinnertable tomorrow."
Him: "Fine with me."

Little does he know that we're having Arby's tonight!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Can't wait to hear how that goes!