Monday night, well we won't talk about Monday night. Things happened and he didn't make it there for the round-up. But Tuesday night, he came home and gave us the run down. Of course, he starts with the snack – “mustard.”
“Mustard?” I ask. “Are you sure that’s what you had?” Keep in mind that if it isn’t in the chicken family, he doesn’t eat it.
“Uh, huh! First we took a graham cracker, then put white gooey stuff on it, then a chocolate bar, then another graham cracker.”
“That’s a SMORE, honey. Not mustard.”
“Oh, whatever,” he says. “It was good. I took out the chocolate bar and ate it.” That’s my boy!

Then he told us that he’s a roaster at Bible School. With the Smores still on my mind, I’m thinking he gets to roast the marshmallows or something. When I asked him to explain more, he tells us that some kids are horses, some are sheep, some are cattle, and he’s a roaster. I’m still lost. He finally says, “When the roasters get called, we say ‘Cock a doodle doo!'” Oh, a ROOSTER. That makes more sense.
While he’s gone for 2 ½ hours, my daughter walks around in a daze saying, “Where’d he go?” “Is he ok?” “I miss him!” “Let’s get him!” “Come on, let’s go.” She can’t stand being around him until he’s gone, then she’s lost without him. She stood at the door for a solid 20 minutes, frozen, staring, waiting for him to return.

When he finally came home, she said "You're home! I love you" then clobbered him.
In the meantime, my husband and I are trying to get some things accomplished since we’re at ½ the kid-load. So the first night we tried to mow….the push mower was out of gas, the edger out of string and while finally riding the mower through the jungle, we have company unexpectedly arrive – TWICE - over the course of the evening. So the yard is now half mowed, not edged and the drive unswept. Last night, we did a Walmart run, hoping to get a few things to hold us over till the weekend. $50 later, we were out the door. This morning, I couldn't find a single thing to eat for breakfast, but we had 2 new quarts of ice cream and velveeta. Yum.
There's only one night of Bible School left....I'm sure it will be an adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment