I’m usually a pretty perky 10 things blogger. But this has been quite the week. Lots of stress, long distance phone calls, sleepless nights and tears. This has had a lot to do with my mother, whose illness has had a flare up. But it’s also had to do with 9/11, money, germs and lots of other things. There have been lots of moments this week I’d gladly give back or trade in for better ones. Here are just 10 of them:
- The tearful message on my machine from my grandmother that she thought my mother was dead.
- The phone call from my sister letting me know that her phone had rung at 2:30 am and the feeling we both had that it was about mom.
- Listening to my daughter cough so hard that she nearly passed out and not being able to help her.
- Watching “9/11: The Way It Happened” on MSNBC – I had never actually seen the footage. I saw it, and had nightmares about it.
- Eating a sandwich that I didn’t need or want but was bored, and then realizing I could only have one meal the whole next day because of the points overdose. Then at that one meal the next day, I had a piece of cake with my salad. Ok, my stress levels are TOO high.
- Paying all of the bills on a week where neither of us get paid – and realizing we have 8 more days till payday…and no food in our fridge.
- Pulling into the garage to find a bug the size of a mouse clinging to the garage window. I almost jumped out of my skin.
- The phone call from my mother berating me and crying because my sister, grandma and I had somehow ruined her life.
- Going to the pharmacy and doctor for the first time in a new deductible year and having to pay full price.
- Being so angry at my son that I actually cried.
I could actually make this a 20 things week, or more. It hasn’t been one to think back on fondly. I’m hoping the next week will be a little cheerier! The Lord tells us that He only gives us what we can handle. He must think I’m an excellent test taker!
No comments:
Post a Comment