Why is it that every time I tell someone “I need to talk to you about something,” or “Do you have a minute to talk?” the first response I get is “Are you having a baby?” Is it truly possible that the only legitimate thing I have to talk about is my reproductive capabilities? I mean, yes, I am in the prime of my reproductive age, but I have two wonderful children and my husband and I have never given any hints of trying for another. AND I show no physical signs of being pregnant (see Friday’s entry). Heck, we even sold all of our baby furniture and I’ve handed off all of the baby and maternity clothes! Maybe it's because we're such great parents and they can't imagine how we could stop at just two!
Lesson for the day – when someone says to you “Can we talk about something?” they have chosen you because they trust your ear for what they need to talk about, so just say “Sure, what’s up?” and let them take the lead.
And trust me, IF and when we decide to add a third to the clan, no one will have to ask - we'll be shouting it from rooftops!!
No comments:
Post a Comment