My son got his hair cut the other day. I used to do this job at home, but the tears that I was met with when I got out the clippers led me to believe there had to be a better way. Enter Jen – our new friend at a local salon, whom my son smiles about instantly when I announce it’s time for a haircut.
When he climbed into the chair and the cape flew around his neck, he adoringly looked at Jen and oh-so-innocently said, “When my mom does it, it’s hard and hurts. But when you do it, it’s soft and feels good.”
My husband almost died laughing. I didn’t think it was quite as amusing. Jen gave him the best haircut he’s ever had.
Ah, to be 5 again with an uncorrupted mind. One day, he'll kill me for telling that story.
No comments:
Post a Comment