Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thank You

I received this beautiful bouquet of flowers at work yesterday. They were from a group of gals from our community with whom I’d worked on a big event a few weeks ago. There was a Thank You card attached with a hand written note from each one thanking me for my hard work.

In a week where smiles have been hard to come by, this created a BIG one. I think we as a society sometimes forget how important it is to carry through gestures – even small ones – to tell people that we care, we appreciate them and we’re thinking of them. Emails, phone calls, a hand written note or a three-dimensional “something” that awakens you to your place in someone’s world sometimes makes all the difference.

I can’t send all of you flowers, if I could, please know I would. But I just want to say thanks for what you all do for me. Life is complicated and messy most of the time and you all keep my head up, my smile on, my mind quieted and my heart strong. I love you for all that you do to remind me of my place in your world.

“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” Albert Schweitzer

No comments: