Last night as I was cleaning up dinner, my husband said “Hurry up, we have shows to watch.” I didn’t hear the second half of that sentence and immediately got angry. “Hurry up? Excuse me? Why don’t you grab the dishes and help me and it would go faster?”
Then it donned on me – we DID have shows to watch – it’s the start of premiere week!! Two of our favorite shows came back from summer hiatus last night. Life was good again! We have an insane amount of shows in our fave list. We used to try to watch them all as they were on, but that wasn’t realistic with 2 kids, homework, bath, books and bed to take care of. Enter TiVo! Now they all automatically record and store and after the kids are tucked in bed, hubby and I enjoy our shows at our leisure (and without commercials – which cuts 30% of the time out!). The one show we watch as a family – Dancing with the Stars – which starts Monday. Our children LOVE it and we love that they can watch it with us and not have nightmares.
Of course the leaves changing, the weather cooling, pumpkins, cider and holidays are great things about this time of year. But I’m pretty darn glad when fall rolls around and we can snuggle on the couch for “us” time again!
No comments:
Post a Comment