Friday, March 14, 2008

10 Things I Learned This Week

  1. When you have a 104 fever, you don’t take ibuprofen and wait it out, even if you are a big, strong adult. You call a doctor pronto and get seen.
  2. Watching your children sleep can be a hobby – and it’s better for your blood pressure than petting a dog, that’s for dang sure.
  3. Friends, even if far away, have a way of squeezing you in a bear hug so tight mentally that you can feel it physically.
  4. Spaghetti and meatballs are the key to unlocking the hearts of children. When I made it, I thought my children might just turn into beams of sunshine.
  5. With just the right absence of light, quiet kids, a remarkable husband, the perfect room temperature, clean sheets and LOTS of medication, it is possible to sleep until 10am.
  6. Sly insurance agents are ok – when they are being sly on your behalf. We got our deductible knocked in half because of a loophole he found. YAY!
  7. Having five showings on your house means that it stays really clean ALL week so that when the weekend hits, you don’t have a huge “to-do” list!
  8. Eating lunch out by yourself is fun and relaxing. A lunch-date isn’t always necessary. It’s kind of rehabilitating to sit alone and enjoy the quiet and the food.
  9. When you get a voicemail that says “The doctor needs to talk to you about your test results,” it’s human nature to panic, have a meltdown and not sleep until you talk to him the next morning. No one would just go, “Huh, well I’ll call when I get around to it.”
  10. Chocolate makes everything better.

No comments: