My son is on Spring Break this week. He is not impressed with the cold weather. My daughter is less than thrilled that she has to share her day with him. My husband nearly put himself in a straight jacket after being home with both children yesterday, who were fighting like cats and dogs. But I’m blissful.
I can sleep nearly an hour later each morning because I don’t have to get the kids up and ready for school or daycare (except for tomorrow). I get to take lunch breaks at home with my family because I don’t have to use my time to pick him up from school and transfer him to daycare. I get to have down time in the evenings because I don’t have to pack a lunch, help with homework or lay out clothes.
Tomorrow is the ONE day this week they go to daycare – and they’re having an Easter Egg Hunt, so they’re actually egg-cited (ha) to go, instead of arguing with me about it.
Spring Break really is a nice thing – not just for the kids, but for the parents. I never realized this growing up. Funny how everything changes when you’re the one paying attention!
No comments:
Post a Comment