Thursday, March 20, 2008

You Know You are a Grown Up When:

Tomorrow is a holiday and I plan to spend it spoiling my kids. So a day early, here is my 10 things for Friday.

You know you are a grown up when:

  1. Sleeping until 7:30am feels like a real treat.
  2. You have to steal candy from your kids’ Easter basket behind everyone’s back because you’re “too old” to have it.
  3. Date night with your hubby includes going to Walmart.
  4. Instead of pop, you drink cranberry juice because “it’s better for your digestive health.”
  5. You keep the receipts to your new outfit, leave the tags on and resist wearing it until you have NOTHING else to wear in case your remorse gets the best of you and you return it to use the money for something you “need.”
  6. The “Who’s Sick at Your House?” support group replaces “Girls Night Out.”
  7. You don’t just watch Food Network shows – you TiVo episodes, then sit with a pen and paper and write down each step so that you can make an impressive meal.
  8. You no longer get carded when you order a drink, even if you THINK you still look 21 (who are you kidding?).
  9. You watch the nurse take blood out of your arm rather than turning your head.
  10. Holding a newborn baby makes you overjoyed for the new parents, but doesn’t really make you want to race home and try for one of your own.

Have a Blessed Easter!! He LIVES!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I was with you until you said I had to watch them take blood out of my arm. I will never grow up...I will never grow up...