I often wonder what the weather was like on the days Jesus died and rose again. That's kind of a shallow thought when it comes to the brutal death and glorious resurrection of our Lord. But every year since I can remember, it has been bitterly cold - but bright and sunny - on Easter. You can't help but wonder if there was a bitter chill in the air the morning he escaped the tomb - but that birds were singing and the sun shone down upon him, creating a brilliant aura around him. Sometimes its ok to think about the little things.
(Above) Our little one is excited about her Easter Basket. I wanted to skip the whole "Easter Bunny" thing and be honest with the kids. We decided to just not dwell on it and see what they thought. They are convinced the Easter Bunny (who is female in their minds) is real. Oh well. Someday we'll get credit for the presents we buy them!!
(Above) Our little man with his new friend (a frog puppet).
Here are some pictures from our family day.
No comments:
Post a Comment