If you ever want to feel young and old in the same day, go to a College town on home-team game day! Add in that’s its the final four game, your team is playing against their former coach’s team, and double the size of the town and you have yourself a recipe for fun!
I got to spend the weekend cheering on the KU Jayhawks in Lawrence with my cousin and her friends. Our game watching “party” consisted of chicken wings, diet coke, chex mix and sugar cookies and half time “games” included SNAPS and Catch Phrase. We were sober, silly and had a blast. (And we remember having a blast!!)
After our ‘Hawks won, we all piled into cars and headed to Mass Street to watch the crazy after party. THOUSANDS of people gathered in the streets shouting “ROCK, CHALK, JAYHAWKS!” and high fiving each other. It was something surreal!
I got to spend the weekend cheering on the KU Jayhawks in Lawrence with my cousin and her friends. Our game watching “party” consisted of chicken wings, diet coke, chex mix and sugar cookies and half time “games” included SNAPS and Catch Phrase. We were sober, silly and had a blast. (And we remember having a blast!!)
After our ‘Hawks won, we all piled into cars and headed to Mass Street to watch the crazy after party. THOUSANDS of people gathered in the streets shouting “ROCK, CHALK, JAYHAWKS!” and high fiving each other. It was something surreal!
Afterwards, my cousin’s boyfriend proposed – and now we have a wedding to plan! Hmmm, I wonder what their colors will be?
Here are some pictures I took to record history.
Thanks, kiddo - I had a great weekend! Congratulations on your engagement!
No comments:
Post a Comment