My kids’ favorite new hobby is looking through photo albums. They drag all of them out, and flip through the books over…and over…and over.I sat down and started narrating, telling them the circumstance behind each picture. But I noticed a trend I’d never really noticed until that moment.
There are pictures of the kids, pictures of my husband and kids, pictures of the grandparents with the kids, pictures of the kids at Sea World, at Disney World, opening presents, baking cookies. Pictures of my husband playing baseball with my son, giving my daughter a bath, sleeping with them all snuggled and beautiful. Aw, aren’t they sweet?
But wait…
No mommy. Where’s mommy? Well, taking the picture of course. So I started getting frustrated by this. In 6 photo albums chronicling the years since the birth of my eldest to today, there are maybe a dozen pictures with ME in them – and they are all of me two minutes after giving birth (i.e. less than photo-ready)!
Would someone PLEASE pick up a camera and take some photos of me with my children? They’re going to grow up and not have any recordable memories of me from their childhood! What happened if I died tomorrow – my children would have like 4 pictures of me with them to remember me by. It’s just not cool.
CHEESE!
1 comment:
Mine are exactly like that too!
Post a Comment