Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Turning a Corner

I’ve been crabby lately. And I really shouldn’t be. There are lots of exciting and wonderful things in my life. Yet I seem to dwell on the negatives, the hurts, the uncertainties.

I was looking back through my blog posts last night and noticed how down I’ve been. I decided to delete the posts that show that side of me. It’s not who I am. And I am mad at myself for letting that side shine through. I’m still going to have bad days – everyone does. And I heard on the radio this morning that a new study shows women are in a bad mood an average of 4 hours a day (total – not in one stretch usually). I guess I’m a typical woman!

But I’m turning a corner – I’m going to try my best to see the good in everything and focus on that side of life. I even read an article last night that said if you can see the positive in every negative, it actually adds years to your life.

I got some lovely flowers today with the attached card: “Thank you for everything you do. You are a joy to work with.”

That’s the person I want to be!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This is a good reminder for me. Thanks.