Our son is sick again. Tuesday afternoon I stood innocently in the school yard waiting for him to run out of the school full force at me with a hug like he always does. Instead he came out in tears. When I asked what was wrong, he said “I don’t feel good.”
Those words are the most dreaded in our house. With his auto immune disorder, the words are never taken lightly. I instructed him to sit down with his backpack while I went to ask his teacher about his day. As she and I walked back over to him, all heck broke loose.
I don’t remember ever vomiting at school as a child. But if I had, I’m sure I’d be scarred from it today. All of the children and parents around him were understandably grossed out. However, I would NEVER allow my child to say the things these children were saying to him. As if he didn’t have enough to think about with his stomach emptying and the physical pain that comes with that, he had to hear all of those children (and some parents) adding in their snide remarks. I even said something to a few older children to hush them up.
We scurried home after his wonderful teacher helped us clean up and get organized. For the next 8 hours, my little man hugged the toilet. When he is sick, it’s with as much force as an adult would experience. It breaks my heart.
To top it all off, he can't take his medicine when he's sick, so he also has hives all over. Can you even imagine how sad he is?
And I just got a call from home - he's vomiting again. So off I go - this time we're headed to the hospital. Stay tuned. And pray.
1 comment:
I'm very sorry to hear Kristi! You'll all be in our prayers.
Post a Comment