Thursday, August 21, 2008

10 Things I Didn't Tell You About My Week

It was another marathon week, as you've probably gathered. Here are some of the highlights that I haven't given details on. I hope you had a great week and are ready for a restful, rejuvenating weekend.

1. My husband got pulled over while driving his little brother's truck. The truck didn't have a rear-view mirror. Or current insurance. The cop was not pleased that my husband took 8 miles to pull over (with no mirror, he didn't see the lights). Guess what...another warning. That makes 7 - just since I've known him. Someday he'll pay for his mistakes. Aargh.

2. The yahoos at the Board office have their heads on backwards. I emailed and left voicemails about a glitch in my sub-files. I finally showed up and said, "What do I need to do to resolve this?" They all said, "Resolve what?" Sigh.

3. My son is too cute for words. We were watching diving on the Olympics and he paused it. He said, "Look at her form." Then he unpaused it, then paused it again. "You'll see here that her feet are apart. That's why she splashes." Ok, Bob Costas, thanks for the replay.

4. Last year my son was terrified of eating hot lunch at school, for fear it'd make him sick or covered in hives. He's been in school 3 days this year and is begging for hot lunches. "They make the food there! It doesn't come in on a big-rig!" God bless farm-school.

5. My almost 3-yo daughter was playing with her world of Playskool Little People. She made a drive-through and put people in cars. "I'll have a chicken nugget happy meal." She said. She drives the little people home and makes vomiting sounds. "Is someone sick?" I ask. "Yes, duh. They ate at McDonalds. My brother throws up when HE eats McDonalds!"

6. My folks' two dachsaunds are feeling very lonely. I witnessed my 87-year old grandmother get down on her hands and knees and talk to these dogs like they were newborn babies. She giggled and cried at how fast they ran around her and rolled over for tummy rubs. Watching her gave me such joy.

7. We planted a small area of sod in our backyard and fenced the rest of the yard off from my dog so that she has grass to potty in until our yard comes in. The dog is in heaven. She runs out and just lays on that sod - its the size of a king bed, roughly. Makes us wonder if the rest of the $1200 yard is necessary.

8. I was offered a job at Maurices. I was in shopping for a pair of khakis for subbing, and the lady said, "You put together such cute outfits. You'd be a great employee!" and handed me an application. I told her I was only interested in very part-time. She said, "As long as you work 2 hours a week, you get the discount!" I'm in.

9. My children were arguing with daddy about shutting off the tv. They were watching Popeye. Their justification didn't hold up - "It's a new one!"

10. A new wicker rocking chair appeared on my front porch. I got home and asked my husband where it came from. "I white-trashed it off a curb," he said. I laughed. He wasn't kidding. I was too tired to care. Every person who came over this week said, "I love your new chair." I said, "Thanks, it was a gift!"

No comments: