This week offered many lessons that taught me a little more about who I am. Here are some things that I learned.
1. I am NOT a fourth grade teacher.
2. Even more than that, I'm NOT, NOT, NOT a behavior disorder teacher. Ok, can you picture me locking a kid in a vault while he beats his head against the padded walls? I have never been so frightened.
2. I am, however, a pretty darned good first and second grade teacher! Those are the kids whom I adore and have fun being with. It reminded me of home.
3. I have no identity - I'm "his wife," "their mom," "his daughter," and the best one (inside joke for those on the inside) "married to his brother."
4. I'm prettier as a brunette (wow, it's a stretch to use "pretty" and "I" in the same sentence).
5. I cannot go to sleep on my right side...even though I'm trying to retrain myself to do so, I just can't do it.
6. I'm a pretty good realtor!
7. I'm growing the guts to say things to people that bother me, rather than bottling it inside of me.
8. I'm an impulse shopper. I tried on a pair of pants, liked and bought them, only to later realize I already had the same pair of pants hanging in my closet.
9. I miss church...terribly. We have been visiting churches for weeks, but the truth is, I just really miss having a church home and hope we find one soon.
10. I can sleep during movies at the movie theater - I never thought it possible, but it actually happened (Star Wars and the Cyclone Wars...SNORE). My son didn't care, as long as I held the popcorn.
1 comment:
Behavior disorder? Were you subbing at Oakdale perhaps? If you can teach there you can teach ANYWHERE!
Post a Comment