Today is day two of my subbing adventure. I am to report at 12:00 to teach first grade this afternoon. At 5:30am, my daughter woke up screaming that her throat hurt and she has a fever. She didn't eat a single bite of food yesterday, and she doesn't even want to drink.
This is why I chose this line of work...but the dilemma therein lies, do I call in and cancel my second-day assignment? (At the same school I was at yesterday, so they might think they scared me off?)
Head hung low, I called my husband at work. He said, "You go to your assignment, I'll come home by noon and take her to the doctor. If she has strep or something, we have to get meds so our little guy doesn't get it."
"Yes, dear, but I'll only make $60. You'll lose twice that coming home."
He said, "You can't put a price on peace of mind."
This from the man who claims at least once a month that bankruptcy is imminent (he's kidding of course...at least I hope). Gotta love him...I sure do.
1 comment:
I was hoping for at least 5 or 6 weeks before this happened to you!
Post a Comment