When our son came racing out of school last night with hugs all around, I said, "How was your first day?!"
"It was good. Not REALLY good. Just plain good, 'cuz look..." (as he points down to his knees.)
Both were bandaged and dried blood surrounded.
"I fell on the playground. I only had tears, but didn't really cry. I was the first kid to go to the office! They have band-aids there!"
That's my boy...paving the way for others to follow in his clumsy footsteps.
We didn't really get much other news out of him until later at dinner, when he said "Guess who quit their job today?" (Please don't say his teacher, please don't say his teacher).
He continued. "Me. They made me do work in first grade. I'd rather stay home and rest. But maybe after I sleep tonight, I'll be ready to try again."
We're about to wake him up....keep your fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment