I am NOT a fourth grade teacher. I have no voice, my body aches in places I never thought possible and my brain is completely fried with lesson plan abbreviations that I don't comprehend. The good news is, every student is still alive and not a single one was left behind. And they might have learned a little something...at least I hope.
Oh, it wasn't that bad. I just hadn't properly conditioned myself to be eaten alive by lippy 10 year olds. But tomorrow is first grade...and I have one of those graders myself and he's quite endearing, so hopefully they will be too.
In other news, the children handled the fish-death very well and don't really have an interest in replacing him (her?) THANK GOD. Now I can get a new cappucino machine to grace the counter space where the fish tank once sat! My son fell while running around with a trash can box (long story) and went head first backwards into the side table. Is a goose-egg the size of a real egg and really red in color ok? Should I have let him go to bed?
Does life ever get easier? Or just more interesting?
1 comment:
Last year I was a darn good 4th grade teacher. This year, I'm an AWFUL kindergarten teacher. I want my 4th graders back! I can tell you that teaching gets more and more interesting every year :)
Post a Comment