My husband is a magician when it comes to transition time at our house. It was his doing that our daughter said, "bye-bye, oogie." Now, during this whole health nightmare with my mother, he took it upon himself to "train" our 2 yo daughter to go to bed on her own. Prior to Friday, one of us held her while we watched TV or we laid with her in bed until she dozed off, or she laid in our bed with us. Call it my last attempt to cuddle the baby. Yes, it was my doing - I admit it.
But with me gone so much this weekend, staying late at the hospital, he got her to go to bed alone in her bed. The first couple of nights there were tears and she got up a few times. Last night, though, he went in to check on her when she didn't come out and she said, "Do you mind, I'm trying to sleep."
Tonight, she walked into her room, climbed into bed and shut her eyes.
I love my husband.
But I miss my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment